Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hasn't been a good couple of days for yarn store visits. On Thursday I went out to Lambikins because they were the only ones that had size 15 Addi's...(did I mention how much I despise any size over 9's?)...and I was trying to work on A.'s shawl on these cruddy plastic needles. And I hate plastic needles more than large sizes. The weather was raining and the streets were really slick, so there were accidents and crazy drivers everywhere. By the time we arrived, it was just about rush hour and the traffic was getting horrific. So I sped through the yarn shop...it was all a blur...and bought my Addi's and we were "outta" there. SIGH. So many pretty yarns all calling for me to visit and fondle them.
Today we went to the art museum for awhile and on the way home stopped at Fiberlishious(sp). YUCK!! It looked like a fabulous place but the smell of mold when you walked in could just about knock you over. It was awful. I certainly wasn't going to buy anything that came from a place that smelled like that...who knows if the smell would ever come out of the fibers. Looked around for less than a minute and just left. Nasty. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

No comments: