Saturday, July 12, 2008

Here is Tigger having a good time down at Cruise-In. Unfortunately he didn't get anything to eat but we had some good food. I had a veggie wrap in a spinach tortilla that was very tasty. Jill and A had wraps also that looked pretty good. Their iced tea is very good with plenty of free refills (wooohooo! 'cause I can drink my weight) and my knitting increased a few inches. I notice that I am knitting slower with the small circumference needles...which isn't necessarily a bad thing since some people tend to think I whiz through yarn like mad. (heehee).
Very hot and humid and just generally cruddy out today. The weatherman said it is air that you can wear. Yup, he sure is right about that. Didn't really want to go out today but ran to the library to pick up a few dvd's and some books I had on hold. I want to make the chain scarf from Nicki Epsteins new scarf book. It does remind me of those Christmas chains we used to make when we were young. And I decided to reread Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods". If you've never read it I highly recommend it. Or listen to it on cd. Very,very funny as well as informative. I also checked out "Marjorie Morningstar" by Herman Wouk. It's one of those books that people tell you that you will really enjoy but I was much never able to get into it. At least when I was in high school. So I thought I'd try it again. It's kind of fun, in a poignant sort of way to reread old favorites from years ago. One of my all time favorites is "Gone with the Wind" (I know, I know..GWTW was a book???) and Les Miserables. And of course the Tolkien books. Yes, I was/am a geek. Not as much as A. (in a good way) but still.
Okay. Off to have a cup of blueberry green tea (I get my carrot cake tea on Monday...happy dancing!!) and work on a sock for a present.

No comments: