Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Still so bloody hot!! But the knitting waits for no one. First, the loot from the yarn market. It's tempting to start a project with all the new stuff but I must finish some others first. I got 6 skeins of a beautiful sportweight plush from the Yarnsmith (www.yarnsmiths.com) and it is a lovely reddish/coppery color. Also got 2 balls of the soysilk yarn "Oasis" in a reddish color to match the plush.(www.soysilk.com). I also got a really cool thing but can't post it since A. has been known to lurk around here and read...Hiya A.! For my felted satchel I got 8 balls of Galway Highland Heather in a lilac color and a "tweedy blue/pink". Also a beautiful ball of Reigia sock yarn for me, me, me.
Right now I'm knitting a shawl for A. in Lion Brand Homespun in Grape that is a wavy shawl pattern from Coats and Clark. Coming out quite nicely I think. Also making another sweater for Katie in a size larger than the first. A's second sock is almost finshed so I can start on a pair of socks for me. I think I am going to use the Opal yarn that I have and do it in a pattern I found on www.knitty.com. I can't wait to start them. I'm also working on a short-sleeved sweater for me in a shade of pink called shrimp. The pattern is from Knitter's magazine Summer 2006 issue and is called Sweetpeas. So far it is coming along great!

No comments: