Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Another inside shot (with tea!)
Monday, December 08, 2008
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Thursday, December 04, 2008
2. Does Santa wrap presents, or just sit them under the tree? sit them under the tree(or just sit them)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored and the old fashioned big lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe?no
5. When do you put your decorations up? put out a few right after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Gosh, just one? This year it's Tofurkey mustard crusted cutlets and eggnog muffins
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Going to the live nativity at Krohn's Conservatory and seeing the sheep and donkeys and the drunken shepherds! And then having some hot chocolate.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was about 5 or 6 when I walked in on my parents unloading presents under the tree.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?Usually one but sometimes we open one a day in the week leading up to Christmas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?Usually just put up one of those small trees that change colors.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it as long as I don't have to work.
12. Can you ice skate?Yep. My sister was a figure skater when she was younger and we were at the ice rink every day. I worked there as a teenager and was an ice patrol (are you all impressed?lol)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?Not really, but I do remember one year. I was an expert at opening my presents beforehand (I didn't like to be surprised and wanted to make sure that it was what I wanted) and when all the family was out one day I opened the box with the Frye boots (don't judge, it was the 70's) and wore them around the house. Man, I loved those boots.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?No stress
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?Anything my sister the chef makes for me.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?We used to go out and see a movie but now it's making a big brunch on Christmas day and then watching movies and just snacking through the day.
17. What tops your tree?Nothing
18.Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?I want a hippotamus for Christmas.
20. Candy canes! Yuck or yum?Yum
21. Hypothetically speaking, you have an uncle (or aunt) who is stinking rich. They ask you to give them a wish list for this Christmas with six items on it. You can ask for anything at all, as long as it's only for yourself. What are you going to wish for?
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Sorry about my whining post...I'm sure it will be better tomorrow!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Went to Whole Foods earlier and picked up my Tofurky for Thanksgiving.( The only bad thing was they were having a chili-cooking contest and the place absolutely REEKED from the meat. I couldn't even stay but to do some rudimentary shopping. Just yuck.) I've not had one before so I'm looking forward to it. Heard they are pretty good and I have some great leftover recipes from this month's issue of Vegetarian Times. So I figured, why not? I have never liked any "thanksgiving" type food...turkey, stuffing(ugh),and the rest so I used to eat a bowl of Cap'n Crunch while everyone else did the carnivore thing. Which was fine by me. But since I've been cooking more (not my favorite thing but then again, neither is starving) I've been making more of the meals. I made all the food to eat at Christmas last year and I suppose this time as well. I get exhausted when making more than one or two dishes. I suppose it's the stress of cooking and not feeling very good at it. But I've got some great vegan cookbooks and have made (at least to me) some wonderful things. Plus, I make stuff for Amanda and I to take to artnight on Mondays to eat. Went and bought some insulated lunchbags at Wally's and some insulated containers to hold soup and/or pasta etc. and have enjoyed being able to eat some decent food instead of fries or something fast food. I'm going to make a leek quiche tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed.
It finally got cooler here this weekend. Unfortunately it went from mid-70*'s to mid-40*'s and it's chilly! Not even a gradual decline. But I did get to wear my Evangeline wristwarmers today and ...oh so warm. I think I shall have to knit another pair of a different pattern. I really like having a pair to just toss in my purse (along with my sock-in-progress)and be able to slide them on when my hands are cold. Plus they are quite pretty. At least in my estimation. It's hard to decide just which pattern though. So maybe I make a few different pairs. We shall see.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
The colors vary wildly in this pictures but I can't get a good shot of the color. The above one is the most true but still not quite right. I will be able to wear them this weekend as it is supposed to get chilly and rain. Sounds like good knitting weather to me!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
You can only say yes or no. You are NOT ALLOWED to explain ANYTHING unless someone messages you and asks!
Over 18? Yes
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
A short post today due to the very annoying sinus/allergy headache.Yuck. Just want to sit and stare at the wall.
More tomorrow as soon as the headache is gone.