Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Saw this on the way home the other day. If you look very closely in the sky you can just make out the Goodyear blimp. I have never seen it in real life...only on the television during an NBA game! Pretty neat. I wish I could've gotten a closer shot but you do what you can with a camera phone. Here are the cute little fir trees they have at Trader Joe's. Which is nice that they have those since they stopped carrying the toothpaste that I always buy! Grrrr. I liked it because it was all natural with no fluoride and it was cheap. What a crock. That's the one thing that I don't like about TJ's. They are always getting rid of things that I really like and then that's it. When I first shopped there they carried this wonderful frozen mushroom "pie/tart" kind of thing that was absolutely fabulous. And it was vegan. If I had known that they were discontinuing it I would have bought all that I could find. I still can taste them. Just so good.
Here's my yarn purchase from a few weeks ago. It's a worsted weight and I thought it would make a nice pair of thick socks.
We are getting are first taste of colder weather this week. On Thanksgiving it's supposed to be cold and rainy/snowy. Time to break out the knitwear!! I made a really cute headband/hat with beaded fringe that I'm looking forward to wearing. It's perfect because it goes right over my ponytail and fits great.

On the knitting front. Well. I am almost finished with the project that can't be named but I'm not sure that I'll have enough yarn. Disaster!! And I can't find it anywhere because it's on backorder. Eeeeep.
I finally found some on the website (Hobby Lobby) and placed an order for 2 more skeins. I thought that I bought an extra skein but I guess I was wrong. They said it takes 1-2 days to process and then 5-7 days for shipping. Talk about cutting it close!
Here is a shot of some brownies I made the other day. Very good and chocolatey. Not overly sweet and they got better after a few days.
And some peanut butter blondies that were wonderful!

Okay. Now I have to go and knit some more. And tomorrow I am cooking for Thanksgiving so I will lose at least part of knitting time. I'm making a Tofurky with onions,potatoes and carrots, maple-glazed squash, bread, pumpkin pie bites and Mexican hot chocolate cupcakes with chocolate mousse icing. Mmmmmm. All vegan of course and, hopefully all great.
Hope everyone has a Happy and Blessed Turkey Day! See you soon.





No comments: