Monday, September 24, 2012

Geeze. Where did the time go? One of these times I will post sooner. The time just seems to be flying by these days.
It's finally gotten cooler here. We've actually been colder than usual these past few days with temperatures at 35* last night. Now it will be in the 70*s but that's still much better. Not cool enough for socks but it's so much nicer. I sure did miss having pots of tea all day but have had many since the weather turned. Ahhhh. So lovely. Right now having a cup of Blackberry Sage.
Been using the slow cookers right this weekend. Right now I'm making Cinnamon syrup from "The Vegan Slow Cooker" by Kathy Hester. http://healthyslowcooking.com/ It's a good book with lots of great recipes. The cinnamon syrup will be for coffee drinks and apple cider and it smells fantastic! Also made some gumbo yesterday with some of the purple okra that I picked up at the farmers' market. I didn't go yesterday because several of the booths where I shop where not going to be there. Probably will go on Sunday because there's only a few more Sundays that it will be there. I often feel bereft during the winter for the lack of farmers' markets.


Knitting is moving right along.This is a twisted headband to match the sweater and scarf I just made. Doesn't really look like much but it's cute when worn.
This is the Oversized scarf I made to match the sweater I just finished. It's the scarf from the fall issue of Vogue knitting. The other thing I've been trying to finish is my Swiss Cheese scarf.
I'm about 2/3rds done and I really like it. It's made from Kauni EQ and I enjoy the color changes.
Okay, just a short post since I've been so lackadasical about posting and I'm going to try and do better. But I have to knit something commissioned so I'm off.
Have a great night and enjoy your knitting.

No comments: