Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Smegging, smegging, smegging sleeves. Okay. Maybe it's not the sleeves' fault so much as mine but still. I finished them on Sunday night while watching the first season of "Northern Exposure" on dvd. I'd forgotten how much I liked that show. So yesterday morning I laid out the sweater to put it together. The shoulder seams are beautiful, the best I'd ever done. I laid out the sleeves and gasped in horror. The sleeves are set-in, which I'd never done before but looks pretty staight forward, and realized that I had knit the sleeves on the wrong size needle. I thought so on Sunday night when I went to put them back in the package but figured that I had just put them in the wrong package when I switched sizes when the ribbing was finished. WRONG!! I had knit the ribbing on size 9's and the body on 8's. What a pointy headed git. I mean really. So I raged and stomped around for awhile and then frogged both sleeves and VERY carefully cast on again. The first sleeve is almost finished and then I will make sure it fits before doing the second. It's a good thing it's very rainy today so I will knit. And knit, and knit. Smegging sleeves.

No comments: