Sunday, July 02, 2006

Everyone take a deep breath with me...the sweater fits Katie!! She is pleased with it and the only thing is that the bottom ribbing isn't loose enough for her. She doesn't want it emphasizing that part of her body. I completely understand. I am going to make her another one in orange and I will either make the ribbing with needles 2 or 3 sizes bigger or cast-on for the medium size and then decrease the body. Any suggestions?
I am working on the sleeves of Ad's sweater and am trying to get it finished in time for his birthday. Since it isn't until the 15th I think I'll be just fine. It's so hot today...90* but at least there is a breeze. It's a good day to sit and finish up some sleeves, don't you think? The only problem is I just got the new Monica Ferris book "Sins and Needles" and I really want to finish it. Maybe I'll read a few chapters and then knit. It's going to be another long holiday weekend so no plans. I have a few Dvd's from the library that are documentaries so I will probably watch a few of those. I was hoping for a trip to the lys so we shall see. I was thinking about making myself a felted satchel like I did for A. but the larger size. It is from Knitty and hers turned out quite well. Of course it hasn't been felted yet but I have no doubts that it will look great.
On another note... I HATE to cook, I mean really. It's hard to be a mostly vegan if'n you don't cook. BUT...I found the most wonderful cookbooks. "How it all Vegan" and "La Dolce Vegan" by Sarah Kramer. Not alot of ingredients in each recipe (most of them) and very simple preparation. Love them!! Have made some fabulous food. Thumbs up to Sarah...govegan.net is her site. Go there and learn.

No comments: