Sunday, August 03, 2008

This is the wierdest looking caterpillar that I've ever seen. You can't really tell from the picture but it has black spikes all down the back....he's a mean thing! I guess it would deter me from trying to eat him if I was a caterpillar-eating type of creature. It is soooooooooo HOT here...supposed to be 94* tomorrow and lots of humidity. Just don't want to do anything. And since the Olympics start on Friday(ugh) I bought some movies and tv shows dvd's on sale today. I have never been into watching the Olympics so I'm glad to have something else to watch. Especially since we are getting ready to start the knitting. I have everything all together for mine except the needles. I don't have a pair of size 7's 16" except for the cheapie interchangable set I have so I will be using those. I can't believe I don't have a pair that size. I want to get some more KnitPicks options cables but I don't think they come in a 16". I should check the catalog and make sure.

OOOHHHH, a big bag of sock yarn. I just love opening the door and having a box of yarn "staring" back at me. There are 10 skeins of Palette fingering weight which will make 5 pairs of bee-u-ti-ful socks. The colors are so scrumptious...Salsa Heather, Blue Note Heather, Fawn, Wood and a purple heather of which I cannot recall the name. So many choices.

Here is the Guilty Pleasure sock all finished. I "loves" them. So soft and the pattern is fun and fast. I think I will make this pattern again.
And I have enough yarn left over for a short pair of some sort. Which is always nice.














2 comments:

Robin said...

I have a weird looking one, too. It eats the leaves on my tomato and dill plants. They do look mean!

Lynda said...

Lovely socks ...strange caterpillar!
Me too..not into Olypics!