Monday, April 06, 2009

Here is the first finished beaded sock. I am pretty happy with it. Except the ribbing was a little loose. I used a size 4 needle (which was the recommended size) and everything else fit fine but I wasn't happy with it. It's knit from the top down and flat until the heel so I figured that I would just unseam it and pull out the ribbing and re-knit it on a smaller needle. I wasn't really worried about the ribbing being upside down because, well, they're mine and who's going to look under my pants leg. So I did (and what a pain THAT was) and it's all done but I won't do that again. Much easier to live with it being a little on the big side!
Ahh! Nice spring trees. Better enjoy the picture. Going to be in the 20*s tonight so hopefully not many of the flowers will freeze. :( This is my new speaker for my "ipod". I got it on clearance at Wally's and it's very nice. It has a little pull out shelf for it to sit on and I don't have to worry about knocking it to the floor! And it has it's own case ( how fancy).
New yarn! Yes, yes, I bought sock yarn. I can fill up my stash and don't have to break the bank for a project. I bought yarn but I really want to buy the sock book "The Eclectic Sole". Has some of the coolest patterns.



This is the other new yarn. I went to Lambikins...www.lambikins.com. It was hard to choose but I feel good about my decision.







Then went to Hobby Lobby and found these. They are a sport-weight and will make some cuted socks. The orange didn't really come up true color 'cause it's SO bright that people will see my feet coming waaaaayy before me.

Time for a hot cuppa and some jimjams...cold and rainy/snowy so the perfect night to huddle up and knit.

No comments: