Saturday, July 09, 2011



Bad blogger. But I have lots of pictures ahead. These two packages are yarn wins!! I won 3 balls of my choice yarn from a Coquille shawl knitalong from Crystal Palace on Ravelry. I picked 3 balls of Sausalito in the colorway "Fall Herbs". So soft and pretty. The other is 8 balls of Mini Mochi in the colorway "Brandied Apricots". I won that from the Carefree kal blog. I can't decide quite what to make with it but at least one shawl is in my Ravelry queue.

I've been feverishly knitting on this....


it's Aphrodite (I can't get my links to work) on Ravelry and I'm knitting it for the Solidsockknitters group. I started it on size one dpn's because it looked like a stretchy pattern.


I went up to a size 2 for the heel and foot but on the second sock I think I'll do the whole thing in a 2. Not quite as stretchy as I thought. Plus, it takes FOREVER to use those 1's! The yarn is lovely though (as is the pattern). It's Cascade Heritage silk, a merino/silk blend with over 440 yards. And surprisingly affordable at under $9.00 a skein.




Baking ahead. The cupcakes are coffee and caramel delicious-ness and the cake is a balsamic berry cake (with some lovely tofu "whipped cream" on top. Both recipes are from "Vegan Bake Sale" by Carla Kelly and just wonderful.









Whole wheat cinnamon rolls that are every bit as good as Cinnabon. And fairly healthy as there is no fat in them. It was all I could do not to gobble them all up right out of the oven. These are from " The Happy Herbivore" by Lindsay Nixon and if these are any indication of the caliber of the recipes in the cookbook I have made an excellent choice.

Took mom down the street to see the fireworks in the next "city" (community)next to ours. Our city didn't have the money to do their show for the past 2 years but the neighboring area is even better.


Mom had never seen fireworks up close and personal so she really enjoyed them. Very loud!






Cell phone pictures...not the best but you get the idea.




I "loves" this yarn. It's "Frolicking Feet" by Done Roving Yarns in the colorway Christmas Cactus. It's new at Main Street Yarns and the choice of colors was overwhelming. Too many to pick but I finally narrowed it down and this one came home with me.














It's destined to be a knitalong (gee, what a surprise) for the Knit.Sock.Love. group on Ravelry.
It's a kal from Cookie A.'s book Knit.Sock. Love. This month it is the BFF socks, which is a lovely cabled sock. I'm trying to be good and not cast on until I at least finish the first Aphrodite sock but the yarn is calling to me! I'm also doing another kal from the Crystal Palace group that is the Sausalito scarf. It's a one skein project as well.

Well, I'm going to try and get that first sock finished tonight. It's supposed to be in the mid-90*s the next few days and that's perfect staying indoors weather and watching ER dvds and knitting! Stay cool.

No comments: