Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gee, knitalong pictures....what a surprise! This is a kal from the Ravelry group KnittingLikeCrazy.It's a mystery kal and so far I love the pattern. I will probably make it again with another yarn also.http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-like-crazy-fans. One more clue on next Friday and I can't wait to see the finished socks.
Finished this kal also. It's the Carefree Kal http://carefreeholiday-ornot-kal.blogspot.com/ and I think they came out quite nice. Although they are stretchier than I thought and do not fit me. But they will be a present for someone.

The yarn is Panda Cotton and I don't think I will use it again for anything. It feels nice and knits up well but it's very splitty and just kind of unravels as you pull it out of the skein.
I must recant something that I posted about earlier. (The June 14th post). I decided that I wasn't going to go back to that yarn store but I was down in that area today and mom said we should give it another chance so in we went. I must say, it was much better this time. They were quite friendly and chatty and lots of great yarn. I will definately go back now. Although they did raise some of their prices. I bought a skein of Cascade Heritage for $8.95 and now it's up to $14.95. Which is still not bad but more than I wanted to pay for it. Got a pair of HiyaHiya steel dpn's in size 0 6". I really want the 5" size but no one locally carries them and I don't want to order just one thing from Patternworks 'cause it doesn't justify the shipping.
Mmmmm.
Vegan coney. Well, 2 of them anyway. I made "Cincinnati (Skyline) Chili" from "The Happy Herbivore" which is good since I'm from Cincinnati. Also some veggie dogs, yellow mustard, steamed buns and Daiya cheddar cheese. Tasted just enough like Skyline that it totally fulfilled a craving.

Farmer's market goodies. The best squash and peppers from the market in Loveland and so cheap also. I will definately go there again.

No comments: