Saturday, December 10, 2011

Yes, I have been knitting and no, I haven't posted in awhile. No pictures really but I did finish these.
These are "Susie's Reading Mitts" http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/susies-reading-mitts and they were a fast and fun knit. The yarn is Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" and I think it knit up nice. They are a good pair to wear over a pair of those cheap dollar gloves that you can find everywhere.
New mug photo.

Got it the other day when Starbucks had their Christmas sale....$4.95. A good deal and it was hard to decide which one to get. I finally decided on green since I broke my other green one some time ago.  Right now it's full of Harney's Holiday Tea.
Haven't done any knitalongs in awhile but just started this one.

It's called "Wedgewood" and it's for the Solidsockknitters group. I didn't have any blue yarn except for this so a nice worsted weight it is!
I have been trying to catch up on projects so I can start some more! but it's taking time. I'm almost finished with a hat for mom so that will done tonight. Good 'cause I'm tired of looking at it now.
Made some lovely treats for Christmas that are now in the freezer. Some cranberry struesel bars and mocha cappuccino cookies. Also some artichoke/mushroom packets (which are like spanikopita but with different fillings) and some taco-like fillings in wonton wrapper cups. I thought that it would be nice to have things already made to just heat up throughout the day. Makes it alot easier to have most things ready ahead.
Also made a wonderful skillet lasagna from "Quick-Fix Vegan"by Robin Robertson. Absolutely fabulous!

Okay, I'm off to finish the hat. I'm glad to be inside because it's cold outside!! Somehow it being sunny makes it seem even colder because when you look out it just looks lovely but when you open the door....bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hot cuppa and some wool socks and I'm good to go.
Stay warm and keep knitting.

No comments: