Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lookie what came today! My "loot'' from the gift certificate from http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com/catalog/. I got that from getting my sock pattern published in the upcoming Planet Purl book release. Fun stuff. Plus I got  a set of blocking wires since I'm starting to knit more lace shawls. The yarn is Malabrigo sock yarn in "terracotta''. I've never knit with the sock yarn but the worsted weight is lovely. I'm pleased to have the KnitPicks dpn's 5" set so more sock knitting will ensue.
Speaking of sock knitting....here's my finished set of Bilbo socks.
I love them.
The yarn is Trekking Art in the colorway "Jamaika". The only thing that I did different on sock 2 is on the highly cabled row I went up a needle size because the cables pull in alot. But I really like the pattern and will probably knit it again. I definately want to buy the rest of her patterns as well.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/fellowship-of-the-socks. They are in my Ravelry library for a someday soon.
Okay, off to knit on my mystery shawl kal and enjoy this crazy 75* weather!


No comments: