Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sorry I've not posted but it's been one of those weeks. Knitting ....eh. I did finish a pair of socks for mom that came out and a pair for my sister. But, as I posted before, the sweater was a bust. I think that I shall stick to classic types of sweaters/cardigans for myself. They tend to look best. I get seduced by the trendy things but almost always am disappointed. 
Started on my Butin necklace but, duh....miscounted with the beads and didn't think it was a problem until 4 rows in and had to gently rip it out and restart. Well, I ripped it out and haven't restarted yet but will tomorrow.
Went to the first farmers' market last week and, score! found garlic scapes and leeks. The leeks were $1.00 each and seriously, they were as long as my arm and as big around as my wrist. Most definately a good buy.
Made some carrot cake cupcakes that were just great.
 From "Everyday Happy Herbivore" and they were really easy and low-fat.
Here's the only upside of all the rainy, gross weather we had last week.
Okay. I'm off to run some errands. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: