Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Did you ever have one of those weeks where you just couldn't be bothered to do anything? I had one this week and got knitting done but not much else. Including  blogging. Sorry :)
Sinus and allergy abounding all over here but at least the weather is beautiful. Spent the other evening on the back porch with my knitting and a glass of iced tea and my mp3 player, listening to some knitting podcasts. A thoroughly enjoyable evening. A little breeze and got to see the fireflies. I just love sitting and watching it get dark and having the little specks of light flickering all over the neighborhood.
Since it was so nice this past weekend we went to the farmers market in Hyde Park www.hydeparkfarmersmarket.com. They are back in their summer location on the square and there were lots of booths and loads of stuff. I really like this location as it's alot roomier and there is more air moving and space to breath. I really scored on produce...more scapes!,kale, swiss chard, purslane, and a lovely loaf of salt rye bread. I think I bought a few other things but can't remember off the top of my head.
Found fiddlehead ferns last week at (of all places) Trader Joe's. I've read about them for years but have never seen them so I was excited to find them. I made a pasta dish with fiddleheads, carrots, onions, and pasta drizzled with white truffle oil. Delicious. A very light meal for a hot day.
Right now I'm knitting a pair of socks for the Solidsockknitters' group on Ravelry. The theme is "green" and I'm using
Araucania Itata Solid in lime green.
I don't really care for the yarn with the pattern I picked http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knitsensei/mojo. It's a nice pattern but mind-numbingly boring for me. I think that the yarn isn't the best for this pattern but since the yarn is for sis she got to pick the pattern. I should get done tonight (happy dancing all around) so I can work on other things.
Just finished this also.
This is the "Butin Collar" by Laura Nelkin. A lovely, fairly easy knit (unless you are me and obviously can't count!) and is easily finished in a few hours. I really like it and bought more beads to make a few more. It only takes 20 yards of fingering weight and who doesn't have a lot of that lying around?
Alright. I'm off to finish those green socks! Have a great night all.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I don't think I had ever heard of a scape until recently and now I see them mentioned everywhere! Love farmer's markets and need to go to the one at Hyde Park. I would love to do one with my soaps but they want you to commit for the whole season. Wish I could find one where I could do one Saturday a month.