Sunday, August 02, 2009

Isn't this just the best looking Swiss chard? I have really been enjoying cooking with it lately. I made a great polenta vegetable primavera with half of it and the other is destined for chard, fennel and pasta dish. Yum.My newest sock is ready to be knitted. Actually it's all rolled up and I've started on the pattern. It's Hedgerow from Knitters Review and shows the hand painted yarn quite well. The yarn is Arunica and I just love the colors.

Here's another shot of the crazy stuff at Jungle Jim's. Every time I go there is something new there.There's a contest at 1870 Pearl's blog...www.1870Pearl.typepad.com. Go and comment and win a chance for some yarny goodness! Plus, her blog is really fun with some great pictures.
Finally broke down and bought some software to clean up my computer. It was running slow but I am not "techie" in any sense of the word so was afraid to do anything. But went to Target (where they had dvd's of Northern Exposure for $19.99 each season) and found some software by Iolo called Software Mechanic and it's FABULOUS!! Very straightforward and easy to work. And the computer runs so fast now. It's amazing. Only cost $19.95 and well worth the money.
Here's a meme for you: To get ano overview of the kind of music you listen to.
Turn on your player, shuffle and list the first 15 songs,title and artist. (no skipping now!)
1.My Hands are Shaking-Sondre Lerche
2.The End of Outside-Duncan Sheik
3.What Do You Do?-The Proclaimers
4.Anakin's Betrayal-Star Wars Episode 3
5.You're Still You-Josh Grobin
6.Signs of Life-Moby
7.Come on Eileen-Dexy's Midnight Runners
8.God will Lift Up Your Head-Jars of Clay
9.We are the Champions-Queen
10.Don't Talk-10,000 Maniacs
11.Anakin's Dark Deed-Star Wars
12.Everybody Hurts-R.E.M.
13.Sweater Song-Weezer
14.Shock the Monkey-Peter Gabriel
15. Amazing Grace-Sarah Brightman
Go and play your own list as well.


1 comment:

Daniele said...

I really must get me some software updates as well. My computer is sooooo slow.

Love that chard! :)