Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finished sock! I really like the yarn (Aruncia) but not so sure about the pattern (Hedgerow from Knitters Review). By the time I decided I wasn't thrilled with the pattern I was far enough along that I didn't want to rip it out and start again. But still pretty. This color is a little closer to the true color.
The first shot is from the back of sis's car on the way up to Dayton. We hadn't gone on a small road trip in quite awhile and the day was beautiful so off we went. There is a big health food store up there and they have items we don't have down here so it was a fun trip. I did get to run into Wooly Bully but I was a good girl and didn't buy anything (there anyway!).
Been getting lots of knitting done. Finished my lovely wristwarmers made from Mini Mochi yarn. So pretty but not my favorite yarn. Rather "splitty" and thick and thin in spots. But the colors are intense and they made lovely wristlets.
Also working on some unmentionable knitting so pretend you didn't see that! lol.

This is an "omelet" that I made the other day. It's actually tofu with sauteed vegetables. Yum. And I think it actually looks like an omelet. I found the recipe in Vegan Brunch, which is a great cookbook. It's hard to find breakfast/ brunch recipes so I love the cookbook.
And now it's time for me to get something to eat as I am feeling a little peckish.



No comments: