Saturday, January 23, 2010

I just think the moss is such a lovely shade of spring green. But I don't understand how it can be growing when it's been so cold! Last week it never got out of the 20*s so how can the moss look so spring-like? But I suppose that I shall think of it as a sign that eventually winter will be over and spring will be here. Although I really haven't disliked it so far. Got alot of knitting done and I do enjoy being at home. Especially when it's so bitterly cold. On the upside-I have made quite a few pairs of fingerless gloves and gauntlets. Love them! My hands get COLD and they really help.
Had Chinese for lunch today. Mmmmm. The best buffet is not too far from here-Twin Dragon- and it is fabulous! They have a Mongolian grill that you can make your own dish and they cook it right there. Lots of veggies and the absolute best scallion pancakes you've ever had. Love them! We went for a belated birthday for sis and an early birthday for me. So good.Sunday we went to Hyde Park to get some coffee and tea at Coffee Emporium (the house on the left). They have the best in town. We got Winter Solstice coffee, which has caramel and some other kind of taste that I can't remember) but oh so good. They have very smooth tasting coffee that doesn't have that bitter, nasty aftertaste.
Also got some new teas. Well, a few are infusions of herbs and nuts which are what I try and drink at night. Or I have some white tea. Right now I am really enjoying Tazo's Berry Blossom white. Very tasty.
I would have gotten a closer picture but it was raining that day and didn't really want to be standing in the middle of the street (across from the police station, so they didn't need to see me either!) taking pictures with the cell phone.
This funky house is an interesting thing. We still can't figure out what was going on in this guy's mind! Have no idea if it's a house, a business, or what. But it's very fascinating to see.

Lunchtime!





The plate is a fried tofu pasta casserole and
some marvelous collard greens with pine nuts and raisins that was amazing. I love collard greens the best so I like to do all kinds of different dishes with them.

The sandwich is a faux-Rueben with marinated tempeh taking the place of the meat. The bread is a ciabatta roll and I couldn't get enough of these. I ate one every day until the tempeh was gone. Mmm mmmm mmm.This is a baked macaroni and "cheese" that I would just use elbow macaroni instead of mixing the pastas. That's what happens when you have several small amounts of different pastas around and want to use them up. It has a delicious topping of panko that gives it a nice crunch.
I also made myself some vegan peanut butter cups that are just sooooo good. I think that candy bars are the one thing that I miss alot so these definately hit the mark.







I don't know why I have no knitting pictures to show today but I will have more soon.
Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Everything looks yummy! I went to the art show last fall in Hyde Park but that was my one and only trip. Need to go back and see the sights!