Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Actual knitting content ahead. Teehee. This is a sock that I'm making for mom. It's Deborah Norville's Serenity Garden. Nice colors but it's a little soft so I cast on fewer stitches because the first one I made was HUGE. I suppose she could have worn it if she put both feet in them at the same time! I could've had them finished by now but I usually knit on them in the car. They are on size 3's on the Hiya Hiya 9" needles. I do like those alot mostly because there are no "ladders" when worked on them.
Getting close to the end of the first one.
I am almost finished with the Clasica sweater that I've been working on...and on and on. I just want to be done with it so I can start something else! But I've been good (well, except the socks and since they're small they don't really count...right?) and I should be able to finish and seam the whole thing up by this weekend.
I shouldn't write that. You know, "The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay".
So we'll pretend it never happened.
Awful weather today. How weird to have tornado watches/warnings at the end of October. Unfortunately not much rain though. Poured like crazy for about 10 minutes and then sort of dribbled for a few hours. I am sure that it really didn't make much difference here since we are over 8" short of rain. It was nice to see rain.
Here is the picture of the finished pasta dish from the last post. Sure was good.
Alright. Off to work on the sweater. See you soon.



1 comment:

Daniele said...

OH! I have that yarn - it comes out really pretty!! Awesome socks! :)