Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall is here finally. I must say that I am somewhat surprised to see so many lovely colors since it's been so dry but it's nice to see them. Went down to the park to enjoy a nice fall day and knit a little while there.Just so pretty.

I think this one is my favorite.
Since it has cooled down considerably I have been doing some cooking. This is a pecan fudge pie from "La Dolce Vegan" which is actually the first cookbook that I bought (many moons ago...teehee). Also made a nice cauliflower-lentil soup.


This is a great pasta dish that is radiatore pasta with chickpeas, spinach and sundried tomatoes. It's from Robin Robertson's "Quick-Fix Vegetarian" which is kind of a misnomer as it's vegan. But this was a fast and tasty dish and I will definately make it again.

Well I had the picture with the pasta but must have erased it. I 'll definately put it in the next post.







Yes, that is actual knitting that you see here. I have been working on several things but whipped out this cute cowl the other day. It's called the Topsy Turvy cowl and the pattern is free from Crystal Palace. I joined the Ravelry group for the kal and I really like the cowl. I used Mochi Plus and bigger needles since I wanted it to be looser than the pattern. I don't think that it will be cool enough to wear it anytime soon. Supposed to be in the 70*s for the next week. At least I've gotten to wear socks a few times!Okay, off to make a cuppa. Have a great night all and see you soon.







No comments: