Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mmmmm. Potato skins. Amanda made a bunch for her friend's Super Bowl party and she saved me the outsides and a bag of "insides" and I went home and whipped up some vegan skins. Yum. Sauteed some mushrooms and onions and mashed it all up with some "sour cream" and Daiya cheddar cheese and chowed down. Thanks Amanda.

No knitting pictures right now. I am knitting but it's a long sampler vest for mom out of Peaches and Cream cotton. I'm trying to get it finished by this weekend since the weather is warming up slightly. Today it was 27*. I know that we will still have some cold weather...it alway is cruddy around my birthday but some warmer wouldn't be amiss. Supposed to be in the mid-40*'s by the beginning of the week so that will be a relief. Although, I have to say, I haven't really minded the freezing temps so much. I've just hunkered down with alot of hot tea, knitting, dvds and podcasts. Oh and some cooking as well. Yesterday I made some vegetable tomato rice soup and a grilled ''cheese" sandwich with some Daiya cheese and it was the perfect cold weather lunch. As a matter of fact, I may have some for dinner tonight since it's supposed to go down to 9*. Brrrrr.
Stay warm and get some knitting done.

No comments: