Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I know. Bad blogger. I have neglected you so much lately. It's not that I don't like you anymore. It's just  that I've been doing so much knitting that I haven't been sitting at the computer as much.
The upside is that I've gotten quite a bit of knitting done.http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knitsensei/sinuous-cabled-socks. These are the first socks I've ever designed and I'm pretty happy with them.

These are made with Paton's classic wool in the color Burgundy which is kind of hard to see with this photo. It's been rainy and grey here and not conducive to good picture taking.
Not that I take such great pictures anyway.
This is a sweater that I just finished for mom.
She never asks for anything knitted so when she said she  wanted a sweater and picked out the pattern from Lion Brand's website, well, I just had to knit it up for her. It's hard to tell from the picture (gee, what a surprise!) but the yarn is a lovely sage green. It's Red Heart super saver and it knit up fairly fast. She has a couple of skeins left so she wants a scarf and hat to match. All I have to do is find a pattern she likes.
Went to the park the other day when we had a decent, sunny day and these are at the entrance to the harbor parking lot by the lake.
Mastadon! Rrrrrarrrrr.
I haven't been up to that part of the park in quite awhile so they were a surprise.
Dinner last night. Just delicious. "Crab" cakes from "Vegan Unplugged", steamed veggies and a vegan adaptation of Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits. Very good. I love the ''crabcakes". They are made with chickpeas and are so tasty. I've made them twice already and so easy too.
Alright. Well, I'm off to get a bit more knitting done and in a few days I have a knitting announcement about something I'm planning on knitting. Have a great week all!

No comments: