Saturday, October 01, 2011

The time just went so fast this week. I can't believe it's already Saturday  and October!
Here's a peek at the next big knitting piece that I am going to be doing. (Yes...yes...I've been finishing up the Celtic poncho. Get over it already...teeeheee!)
It's bee--u-ti-ful. It's the biggest piece I've attempted so far and I must admit some trepidation at the thought of starting it.
But the yarn is staring at me from the box (I shut the lid on it and told it that I'd get to it soon) and I've printed up the very scary looking charts. I will have to label and color code and really make some good notes to keep everything straight.
Yesterday was the first chilly day. Low 50*s, windy and rainy. Good knitting weather that's for sure. I am making a hat for mom to go with the cardigan I just finished. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/that-other-hat. She often likes hats until I make them and then they either don't fit or they eventually slide up and off her head. This one she should like as it's big enough to go over her ears.
I have a lovely pot of Cranberry Autumn tea from Harney and Sons and it is just fabulous. My favorite fall tea.
Okay. I am going to go and fill up my tea cup and finish mom's hat. Cold tonight. Supposed to be the lowest temperature here on this day in 200 years. Crazy. I have my lovely flannel jimjams on and I was glad to pull out the first socks of the season. The hardest part was deciding which of the hand knit pairs to wear first!

No comments: