Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall is here! There are not many pretty trees but the ones that are turning are gorgeous. Today the temperature was finally cool enough for jeans and some socks. Which was nice because I'm sick of wearing shorts.

 It's always nice when the seasons change so I can wear different clothes.
Been cooking alot since it has cooled down. This is a "cheesy" chili bake and the chili is chocolate stout chili which I had made the other day.
Yum. It has a lovely crusty top so just delicious. Yes, I have been a bad, bad blogger but just didn't have anything to write. I've been working on putting the Celtic poncho together. Yes, you read that right. I have finally finished all the triangles and have sewn some of together. I had to go to a knitting group last night to beg some help. Everyone agreed that the directions and schematics for putting it together were the worst we'd ever seen. But, Praise Jesus, there was a lovely woman there that had been knitting and sewing for years that was gracious enough to help me tack it together in some sort of way that makes sense! Almost done now.
This is what I'm working on now. It's called In and Out and is from Cookie A.'s book "Knit.Sock.Love". It's tricky but I love the pattern. The yarn is Cascade Heritage in the color "Hyacinth".
The other thing I've been knitting is this Aran Wrap,which is a free pattern from Red Heart. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver in "Ecru".

It's hard to tell but it's a lovely pattern with several stitch patterns and will be nice if I can ever seem to get any progress on it. I have knit and knit and knit but it never seems to get any bigger. I hate when that happens.
Okay. I am off to have a cup of cherry pineapple green tea and work some more on the never-ending project! Happy "I love yarn" day tomorrow.

No comments: