Friday, August 31, 2012

Okay. Lost the last post so let's try it again. Sorry about the abbreviated posting yesterday but was feeling kind of cruddy with a nasty sinus headache and allergies from the stupid goldenrod which is starting to bloom. Ick.
Finished sewing together my Kilmory sweater and here it is. Sorry about the blurry photos but mom's not good with the cell phone camera.
 Here's the Ravelry link if you want: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knitsensei/kilmory.  I think I like it though. At least it's wearable, which is more than I can say for my last sweater. It's acrylic but I thought it would be good to just throw on when it was chilly. (If it ever gets chilly, which I'm having a hard time picturing!)
This is a felted messanger bag for Amanda that I put together this week. I knit it and she felts it and then I sew it up. Team work.

 
Not the best picture but you get the idea. The yarn is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes and the colors are really pretty. Amanda colors for sure.
Have gotten some great produce at the farmers' market these past couple of trips. I cooked some heirloom Jacobs' Cattle beans in the slow cooker and then made maple baked beans and they are delicious! Too bad we probably won't be going this Sunday as we are getting the remnants of hurricane Isaac. We really desperately need the rain but I'm glad that we are only going to get 1-3". It will be a great weekend to stay inside and knit and maybe do some cooking.
 I am so ready for fall. I want to wear my handknit socks and clothes and have hot cider and smell the falling leaves and feel the lovely, crisp air. And I am so tired of wearing shorts! Hopefully it will be soon. I am ready for some Cranberry Autumn tea from Harney and Sons. It seems to be just the perfect tea for fall. And pumpkin-cranberry scones. Well, maybe I'll make those this weekend.
No plans for the holiday. Just a nice,quiet weekend with maybe a trip to Starbucks for a soy latte. Sounds like a holiday trip to me!
Okay, going to take some ibuprophen and lie down for a little while. Hope you all have a great, safe holiday with lots of knitting!!


No comments: