Thursday, August 16, 2012



Yes, yes. I know. It's been over a week. But I really do have a good (well, good to me) excuse. I was participating in a kal. Didn't win the pattern collection but did win some stitch markers.  Have gotten some from this person before and they are beautiful so I can't wait to see them. The socks are "Gollum" from ClaireEllen Designs and like all of her patterns, I love them.
The yarn was a great choice for them.





I was having so much fun watching the pattern that I kept knitting them. I wish it were cool enough to wear them. And it would be nice if I could wear more than one pair at a time!
Went to Glenwood Gardens the other day for a farmers' market/environmental "fair" they were having. They opened up the Highland Discovery Garden for free for the day and here are some fun photos.

You can't see it very well but the picture with the pot of flowers and the sculpture was enveloped in mist and looked very mystical and secretive. Plus it was fun to walk through.

This was also the "tunnel of mist" that you could walk through. And the fun little houses they had tucked all over.
Just a wild shot photo of some of the park.

More of the little houses by the train tracks that ran around some of it. And a view going in.
This is the cool tree that kids can climb around and in and over. It reminds me of the Weeble house....weebles wobble but they don't fall dowwwwnnnnn.

Just some of the fun bits that were all over the tree. A cool place for kids to play. And not too shabby for adults either.
Knitting some more socks for kals that I need to have finished by the end of August. I'm working on a pair called "Winter Games" that are moving right along.
So I need to get off here now since it's storming and who needs to be on the ''box'' at that time. See you soon.

No comments: