Saturday, August 04, 2012

Where,oh,where did July go to so fast? Last time I checked it was the third week of July and I can't believe it's August already. Although, I must admit, I am sick of summer. I would like to have cooler weather and wouldn't even care if it wasn't quite cool enough for handknits. I occasionally open the sock drawer to admire all of the lovely socks and imagine how pretty they will look.
Been busy with kals and trying to finish a sweater. I'm knitting Kilmory from "Aran Knits" by Martin Storey and I really like it. I made it a bigger than my size because I thought it would be nice to wear over turtlenecks or even a tee.
I have half a sleeve and the front to knit and then I'm finished. I'm using Loops and Thread yarn...only acrylic but it's nice and it was on sale and sometimes a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do! I'm still trying to get up the nerve to knit "Holly" from Rowan 50. I think it's just that the yarn was so much that it's making me nervous. Still and all, it's only yarn. The worst that happens is I end up with a pile of yarn.
Also doing another kal with the Solidsockknitters (Ravelry) and the theme is winter. I'm using Cascade Heritage Sock yarn (which I really enjoy knitting) in the color "Anis" and the pattern is "Winter Games" http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/winter-games. A fun knit but obviously several people had the same idea because at least 3 of us are knitting this pattern.
 The sock is closer to the true color than the skein. It's a very pretty blue and reminds me of glaciers.
Been cooking from "Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day" and Wow! what a great cookbook. I've made several things and this is the Two Tomato tango, made with fried green tomatoes and a slice of regular tomato with a lovely, tangy sauce mixed with spinach. So good.
 

Got to go to the park the other day for the first time in a long time. Finally bearable for at least a little while. But everything looked so pretty.
Okay, I am off to finish a pair of baby booties. One of the baristas at my local Starbucks just became a daddy and every baby should have a pair of hand knitted booties. Right? Keep cool and see you soon.

No comments: