Saturday, April 19, 2008


Here are the lacy,mock cable socks that I finished for A. I think they came out really well. A fun and easy pattern.
The other socks are a bell lace pattern done in Red Heart Supersaver in "Camo". Now you see them, now you don't. Lol.
Well, we survived the earthquake yesterday morning. I woke up 'cause the bed was shaking. At first I thought I was just having a bout of vertigo--I have occasionally had those since having my wisdom teeth out--coincidence, maybe. But when I realized that my eyes were open and it really was shaking I thought..."huh, that's weird." Then m. called up and said we had an earthquake. Sure why not. I remember the last one so it wasn't too much different except I was in bed instead of the car. So that's where I was during the '08 earthquake!
Went to Lambikins today (www.lambikins.com) and got some needles (size 5 dpns Brittany birch 5")and a bee-u-ti-ful skein of Malabrigo for a pair of socks for me,me,me. I will have to post a picture next time. It is simply gorgeous and just keep looking at it. I think I will have to cast on something for it next. Sorry all you other yarns. Or maybe I'll show some willpower and use one of the other yarns...nah. Off to watch a Brit comedy-"My Family" and work on my socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the mock socks! AND LOVE MALABRIGO! So super soft!! My husband's from IN and one of the gals from his plant is there taking a class on one of the machines. She was sleeping - she woke up and wouldn't go back to bed! Scared her! We don't have earthquakes in VA. With our unpredictable weather - maybe I shouldn't say that very loudly.

Lynda said...

Love these mock cable socks ;0)