Friday, June 06, 2008



EEEEEWWWWWW!! The cicadas are grosssssssssssssss! We hates thems.I had to brave the 90* weather and the hoards and swarms of the nasty things to mow the lawn. After all the violent weather we had,both the lawn and the cicadas are thriving. (Everyone shudder together!)
Yesterday morning about 7:45 am we were without electricity. I was awakened by 3 explosions interspersed with the lights going off and on and then nothing. And of course it was in the 90*s and humid. Turns out that a transformer blew a fuse. Which wouldn't have been a big deal except alot of people all over the city where without electricity due to the violent storms from the previous 2 days. The electric company told us that it probably wouldn't be back on until this morning but Praise Jesus! it went on last night about 7:20pm. Almost 12 hours to the minute. It was a very long day. But I worked on the feather and fan sock for Amanda so at least the day wasn't a total waste.
Well, I've cooled down from my shower and now I think I shall make myself a cuppa tea. I think I shall have a cup of vanilla apple white tea.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Oooooooooooooh! You did post a picture! Our power went out (again) the other day, too. The transformer across the road blew a fuse. Last week it was lines down. It's always something! Life in the country! No electricity means you don't wash, brush, or flush! Not good! I like electricity AND air conditioning. I'll recycle, I'll do whatever but I just CAN'T cut the air up! Our neighbor is on oxygen so we're lucky that they pay attention to us pretty quickly - NOW.

IrascibleHousewife said...

LOL, cicadas! Although now that my son and I have been attacked I am being a bit more wary of them these days. ;)