Tuesday, July 22, 2008

This is my first sock in sport-weight. It's not a great picture but it's a lovely light blue/white tweed. I am knitting a pattern from "100 Designer One-Skein Knits" called Guilty Pleasure. Very easy and fun to knit.
I have to get the socks all finished since we are having a mini summer knitting Olympics. I will be able to finish my project faster if not distracted by all the soft, little socks.





Here's what I did at 3:30 -5:30 am this morning. Why, what were you doing awake at that time,you ask? Well, it goes a little something like this....Huge storm with wicked amounts of crazy lightning and then the electric went out. *blink,blink* Okay, so I got dressed and trotted downstairs (well, carefully since it was pitch dark) and lit a bunch of candles. Then I sat at the kitchen table and just looked around. Hmmm. Bored. Went in and grabbed my worsted weight socks that I had just cast on and went to work. I got to the heel by the time the electric came back. Not too bad for a "old-fashioned" knitting time.



Nothing better than opening the front door to the mail-lady and having her give you the KnitPicks box!! I didn't think it was coming today because we had already had mail delivery but we had another. Needless to say I was very pleased. I usually get really fast service from KnitPicks because their warehouse is in Ohio. Yah for me!

I have very gingerly approached the "New Pathways for Sock Knitters" by Cat Borhdi. There are some super patterns that I can't wait to knit but they look a little intimidating. I will have to really read through the book carefully one word at a time. Unfortunately for me there is a decent amount of math (not my best thing) but I think with VERY careful calculating (and Sheri) I will be able to muddle through.

No comments: