Saturday, June 27, 2009

I am almost finished with the poncho!!! Just working on the second sleeve and putting together the diamonds. I think I shall be quite pleased with it this winter. I think it'll probably be warm enough for a coat most of the time.
Here are my 2 purchases on sale at the yarn store. The Noro is sock yarn. I have heard conflicting reports about it but it was on sale so decided to try it. I think the color is different and with the right pattern it might be interesting.

The Cascade is destined to be a pair of fingerless mitts. I found just the perfect pattern that should highlight the yarn perfectly. My plan is to have a pair of fingerless mitts in every room. Heehee.
Here is a pair of socks for Amanda. I started them for myself but the pattern that I was playing with was stretchy-er than I anticipated so here are a new pair for her. Just used Red Heart yarn but don't they look like a chocolate covered cherry?

So freakin' hot out. Been a very long week. Not only was it hot but so darned humid that you could barely breath when you had to go outside. Which I didn't do very much if I could avoid it at all. But on the upside the knitting has been going on like gangbusters.
Went to the farmers' market today to pick up some more produce. I did make a wonderful peach-ginger ice cream (soy) with the peaches from last week. I got some lovely swiss chard that is going to be a swiss chard frittata from the fabulous cookbook "Vegan Brunch" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. It's a great cookbook and very user friendly, which I appreciate. Also got some gigantic green onions, some bok choy.
My herbs are really growing like crazy. I bought another basil plant at Trader Joe's last week and it's the biggest thing you've ever seen. Well worth the $3.00 I spent. Lots of leaves and it smells yummy. I am going to pick some tomorrow and make a lovely vegan pesto from it. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Plus, I've been making my own cheese from nuts and have been very pleased with the results. I made a faux goat cheese that was made from cashews. I buy the cashews from an Indian grocery and they are much cheaper that way. As a matter of fact, I think I will go and have some spread on a few crackers right now! Enjoy the weekend and keep cool!!




No comments: