Thursday, April 22, 2010

I can't believe that it's been since the 14th that I've posted. I don't know what I've been doing. Well, I haven't been online much so I suppose that will do it.
I did some lawn mowing this morning since we are supposed to have days of rain so time to get a jump on all the dandelions! Had to buy a new mower last week because the self-propelling part stopped propelling. It made more sense to buy a new mower for about $100.00 more than repairing a 5 year old one that was going to be at least $150.00. This one does a nice job so it can stay.
Did some baking today. These are Toasted Almond cupcakes with a coffee ''buttercream" frosting from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and they are FANTASTIC!!! The frosting tastes like buttercream and just melts in your mouth. A definated make again!
Went down to Coffee Emporium to stock up on some tea and here is their patio. It's hard to see in this picture but the whole trellis top is covered with wisteria and it's just stunning. It was a great day for a drive and went "the long way" home. Which is just a fancy way of saying that we took all the back streets and didn't take a direct route home.

Here is a shot of one of the homes on the same street.
I don't have any knitting pictures to show but I have completed a pair of socks for Amanda and am working on a pair for mom right now. Also I did finish the sampler socks and they are very comfortable. I'm getting ready to knit a shawl and a vest for myself but am trying to get a few small things done first.



No comments: