Sunday, April 04, 2010

Spring has sprung at Whole Foods! This is their display of heather and lavender. Not only beautiful to see but the smell is fabulous! I really like lavender. It makes a great tea if you have a headache. And such a pretty purple color. My favorite "perfume" that I wear (well, besides Obsession, when I can get a squirt of it!) is patchouli or a blend of patchouli and lavender...or as I call it--patchinder. Amanda likes to just call it smelling like dirt but at least she can tell when I'm around....teehee. Been busily knitting away. Finished my Cuffed socks from "Color by Kristin" book and LOVE them. Learned a few new things from them, including better colorwork handling. So thumbs up for me. I also really like the yarn. It's Full 'o Sheep Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller. The colors are screamingly bright and really get a nice amount of wool for the money. The only drawback is that JoAnn's is the only distributer so far. But they take competitors' coupons so that's a plus.


Cooking has ensued here also. These are mac and "cheese" bites from a blog that I read. I have loved everything that I've made from it ...except for these. I wasn't thrilled with the "cheese" that I used, which could account for the lack of enthusiasum on my part. I can't find the Daiya cheese anywhere that everyone is raving about lately so I think that could definately make a difference. Would I make them again? Probably not.



But some of the other dishes are fabulous.

Wheatberry salad and seitan spread sandwich are a great hit!










This is a soy-mirin glazed tofu with a peanut sauce and snow peas over wild rice from the Vegan Yum Yum cookbook. An excellent dish and one that I will most definately make again.

No comments: