Saturday, June 04, 2011

Whew. Got hot again today! 93* and felt like almost 100*. Good thing I have plenty of knitalongs to keep me inside and cool.

This is the kal from Thrifty knitters on Ravelry
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/thrifty-knitters-sock-club and it's a good one to use up some yarn in your stash. This month's patterns are both good ones and I'm going to knit both of them. This one is Twisted from www.Knitty.com and so far I'm really liking it. Plus the colors are so bright. A really good summer knit.


Finished both of my mystery shawl knitalongs. This is the shawl from
www.ravelry.com/groups/wendy-knits and I love it. It's my first proper lace shawl blocked and all. I would like it to be bigger but it is a shawlette so it's big enough.


The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill supersocke and I have a small ball left over to mix with some other yarn and make a pair of socks.




My second shawlette is the Medallion Mystery Shawl from Knitting Like Crazy http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-like-crazy-fans
and it was also a fun knit. I really like the mystery aspect of a kal. Definately keeps you on your toes.






This yarn is also a Cherry Tree Hill and I will mix it with the other leftover yarn. Should make a luscious pair of socks.


Speaking of luscious...this is a arugula, roasted corn and cherry tomato salad that was just delicious. A great dish for hot weather.












No comments: