Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Yes, yes, I know. Bad blogger. But I have a really good reason this time. These are my socks that I designed and back in October I submitted them to Planet Purl (www.planetpurl.com) to be published in their upcoming book "American Gift Knitting/American Sock Knitting" and they were accepted!  These are my first design and I was rather surprised. Actually, I was gobsmacked! They sent me the yarn that they wanted me to knit them with...Ella Rae Heathers and it was a lovely yarn. It's hard to tell but it's a nice light blue. I just sent them in to them today as well as the pattern and when they receive it they will send me a $100.00 gift certificate to www.dreamweaveryarns.com. And 2 copies of the book when it's released. So yah! for me.
Also finished this. It's called "The Key to Warmth" and I LOVE it. It's knit with KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Currant and Tumeric and a really fast knit and so warm. Of course, now it's 67* out and much too warm for wool. But I'm sure it will get cold again. My birthday is almost always icy and awful weather. But there's about 2 weeks left before that so we shall see.
New mug! You know how much I "loves" me some mugs. I found it on clearance at my local grocery store (they have a Starbucks' kiosk there) and it was only $2.19. Score!
I have the green one with the holly on it so now I have a little matching set. I'm easy to please!


Here's my other treat. I got this for under $20.00.  It's over 4000 yds of a lovely worsted weight and I'll be able to get at least 2 sweaters out of it and maybe a cowl or something else. It was quite a deal. I got it at http://www.discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com. They have such great deals. I especially like their Cherry Tree Hill sales.
Okay, off to try and finish the sleeve on my sweater. What sweater you ask? I'll tell you next time!

No comments: