Saturday, February 03, 2007

Well I finally stopped knitting long enough to get here and post something. Brrrrrr! cold today. And for several more days. In the minus temperatures tonight and only in the teens tomorrow. Good thing I have my new hexagon hats. That's right...I said hats. I went to Hobby Lobby the other day 'cause they were having a good yarn sale and got a couple balls to make a hat and some mit-ens. Can't beat a set for $2.00. Bought a pretty black with colors all shot through it for another hat for A. and some for a hat for "Sanchez" and some mitts. Also got enough for 2 sweaters so I should be set for awhile.
Went to the lys today because I had (drumroll please!) $25.00 credit and it was burning a hole in my wallet. Got some size 10 1/2 and 11 dpn's and a skein of Berrocco's Ultra Alpaca. OOOOOHHHH soft. Got a free pattern for some wristlets that are oh so comfortable so I thought I would try my hand at that.
Think it's about time to put on my flannel pj's and robe and have a nice cup of tea...Harney's Cranberry Autumn. It's just fabulous. And a coconut-almond muffin. Sounds like just the thing for a cold winter's night. I also just got "The Friday Night Knitting Club" from the library so maybe I will read for awhile. No, no, no... I must knit and finish Sanchez's hat for her birthday. Then I will read.

No comments: