Wednesday, October 17, 2007




First socks!!! I LOVE them. So soft and warm. The leg shot is an obligatory Starbucks' shot...art night but I had to show off the sockies.
Pattern: generic Yarn Harlot pattern.
Yarn: Opal sock yarn
Needles: size 2 dpn's
Once I got over my fear of turning the heel it was a very easy,fun pattern to knit. I knit the second one in a day. I think it went so fast because I was excited to have finished the first one.
The next pair on the needles are for A. Same pattern but went up to a size 3 needle to make them a little bigger. I also have some of the Opal yarn leftover (since I had no idea how much yarn it would actually take to make a pair) and I am using a toe-up pattern to make a short pair. I am using the generic pattern from http://wendyknits.net and once I finally master the wrap and turn it will go much smoother.
The weather is supposed to be nasty tomorrow-stormy and cool, so a good day to knit socks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool socks! You did a nice job!