Thursday, February 28, 2008




Muffins! These are mixed fruit cornmeal and they are wonderful. They are really good with a nice, hot cuppa. I just ordered some tea from Harneys and can't wait for it to get here.

Also just ordered some sportweight yarn from Herrschnerr's today. Going to make a sweater from the book "Indigo Knits" that is gorgeous. A loose "sloppy'' kind of sweater with cables at the top and I think that I will really like it. I ordered it in a medium purple color that should show off the cables really well.

I've been cranking out socks like crazy lately. Finished both pairs for A. and she seems to be pleased with them. I am almost finished with the pair for myself ...about 10 more rows of ribbing to go and then bind-off.
These are a pattern that I adapted from several patterns. It's a bobble rib pattern that I switched to work from the toe-up. It worked really well and I'm pleased with them. I am going to try and finish up some UFO's that are on the needles so I am going to try to NOT cast on anything new until at least one of them is finished. I think that I will finish the v-neck sweater first. Only have half a sleeve and the front to knit so it shouldn't take too long.
Still working on the scarf kal with Jill and Sheri. We are knitting the linked rib from "Knitting New Scarves" and I ripped mine out Monday night and decided to use a different yarn than the stuff that I had gotten on Ebay. The new yarn seems to be much better for this and shows up much better. I sense light at the end of the tunnel. You should see how Jill's looks. It's absolutely stunning and made mine look just sad. But I'll catch up...hahahaha.

No comments: