Saturday, February 23, 2008


These are the socks that had me stumped. As you can see, I finally was able to figure out how to turn the heel on a toe-up sock. I think this yarn is very nice. It is Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn!". It's a worsted weight and ever so soft. I didn't make knee-highs but aobut half-way up the shin and I was able to make a pair of socks from one skein. Not too shabby. The color is really nice-"cranapple". I still have to finish the other pair that I'm working on now. I should be able to finish the second one tonight since I made one yesterday. Although I won't get any knitting done if I continue sitting here surfing blogs and playing around on that bad,bad Ravelry.

Actually made it out for awhile today. Had to go to the post office and try and figure out what to do about getting the mail delivered while we have no mailbox. They pretty much didn't know what to tell me because it's up to the carrier to decide if they can deliver the mail or not. Since they have often pulled into the driveway to deliver packages up to the door, I don't see that it's such a big deal. But noooooooo, they have to make a whole "thing" about it. So now I must call the post office on Monday between 7:30 -9:30 am to talk to one of the managers. Eeeesh.

Tomorrow is a trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on a few things. Being stuck in the house for days means we make a dent in the staples. Today I made a coconut-pineapple cake with "cream cheese" frosting (vegan) and a delicious tomato, chickpea and pasta soup. Very good.
The other dish is a kale,onion and white bean dish that I got from"The Mediterranean Vegan Cookbook"that I just bought. Fabulous recipes and very easy and fast which is how I like to cook. I also just found one called "Vegan Express" which I would like to have. As a matter of fact, the soup I made was from this book. And now I must have a snack because all this food is making me feel a little peckish.



No comments: