Saturday, March 15, 2008




I swear I don't know how that yarn came home with me. Thursday was the first beautiful,warm,spring-like day so we decided to celebrate by taking a small road trip. (Of course we had to wait until gas went so high but that's another story). A. came and picked us up and we drove up to Waynesville to have lunch at Der Dutchman. They have a nice salad bar and m. and A. like their buffet. Plus we can sit by the window and they can look out and enjoy the stream and nature. Plus they have this "killer" whipped peanut butter spread that goes on their warm bread with some apple butter...mmm...mmm....mmm. Just tasty.


Afterwards we decided to take a little bit farther drive and went to Sugarcreek so they could go to Sugarcreek Bird Farm. Not my idea of a good time so I stretched out across the back seat and knit. Now that's my idea of a good time.


After they walked around and looked at all the birds (none are allowed to come home with us unless one of the ones we have here leave...lol) I suggested that we drive home another way. (See how the idea of yarn is infiltrating my mind)? We ended up going through Springboro where....wait for it...there's a yarn shop--Wooly Bully. I wasn't sure if they were going to be open because they used to have really odd hours. Luckily they were open till 5:00. Unluckily it was 4:45. But again, luckily, they had a stitching group from 6:00-8:00 so they didn't mind if we browsed for awhile. Here's what came home with me.
It will make bee-u-ti-ful socks!
Then on Friday we went to Yarns and Fabrications because I had a 25% coupon that just had to be spent. I had my eye on some of the Berrocco new sock yarn Sox and just had to decide on a color. But as I was standing in front of the display the owner was unpacking a magical box of NEW Sox and it was the most beautiful colorways. It hadn't even been checked into the computer yet so A. hovered around the counter until the owner checked them in and then I picked my color (a lovely purple/blue/green colorway) and put a sticker on them and handed it into my hot, little hands. Woohoo, much happy dancing!! The yarn is mine.Bwwwaaaahaaaaa.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That yarn is sooo soft! And beautifully muted colors! Can't wait to see what you knit with it. Haven't worked with it but it's got to be a joy --- just so soft!