Saturday, December 18, 2010

An actual knitted project finished. I love them. They are made with Patons Classic wool and nice and warm. Plus, they were an easy knit. I really like the color too.
I used this yarn to make myself a balaclava to wear when I had to shovel snow and my face gets so cold. I got almost all the way finished with it when ....duh...it dawned on me that it wasn't going to work because I wear glasses. What a doof! I finished it anyway since it was a pretty cabled pattern and someone will get to wear it.

Bought myself some yarn for Christmas. This is a lovely lace weight that I bought at Fiberge. It was so hard to decide which color. They were so great. Now the hardest part is going to be picking which pattern to knit.This is a wonderful yarn from Cherry Tree Hill called "Bing Cherry" that's a sock yarn. I got it from www.discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com. I really like this site and they have great sales. It was hard to hold myself to just a few. I also got a skein of purple lace weight for some kind of shawl.
Freezing cold again. Although the sun was out today and it felt a little warmer. Tonight it will be 6*. Time for jimjams and a nice warm robe! I have a hot pot of Berryblossom white tea and a new dvd to watch. Plus, a new knitting project. I decided to use my Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool to make a nice vest and I will get a few more skeins to make the cabled cardigan later. I buy them at Joann's with 50% off coupons, which is always nice. Good to save if you can.
It's good to have some projects planned out because it sounds like the weather this coming week is not going to be the best. Ice and snow and freezing rain,oh my! I have several series on dvd that I haven't watched and a few audio books to fill in the blanks.
Off to refill my tea so have a great night all and stay warm!



No comments: