Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The weather has been gruesome (ice and freezing rain today) so stayed in and did some baking/cooking. This is a East Coast coffee cake with strawberry jam from "Vegan Brunch". Yummy. I also made some Christmas Tamales from Alicia Simpson's "Vegan Celebration". I thought that it was going to be difficult but turned out to be quite easy. And tasty. Going to have lots of appetizer-y type things for Christmas plus a stuffed hazelnut cranberry roast from www.fieldroast.com. I made one for Thanksgiving and it was sooooo good. Plus, it made the best sandwiches on ciabatta rolls with Daiya "cheddar" cheese. Yum.Not a great picture but here's one of the things that I'm working on right now. It's a cabled sock from "The Big Book of Socks". I'm using Cascade 220 in orange and fuschia. I learned how to do a two-color cable which is kind of fun.
Okay. Off to have a cup of Trader Joe's Candy Cane green tea and put on my jimjams and knit. Stay warm all!


No comments: