Friday, December 24, 2010

I spent some time this week finishing up a ufo that's been hanging around for quite some time. This is a (cover your eyes knitters!) store bought sweater that I got several years ago. It's a man's sweater so plain and a lovely dark gray but it needed some jazzing up. So I pulled out my cross stitching supplies and some duplicate stitch patterns and voila! a sparkly butterfly. I was going to put 3 on it because the pattern was really nice but the count on the sweater is sooooo small I just quit after doing one. So I knuckled down and finished it the other day. Happy dancing all around.
It's always gratifying to finish a project that has dragged on and on.
Went to Main Street Yarns yesterday to get a ball of Mini Mochi -color "Rainbows" for a kal that Crystal Palace Yarns is holding.
We are going to be knitting the Rodekool Brioche scarf from
Knitty Deep Fall issue.www.knitty.com.
Looks like it will be an interesting knit and I will learn a few new techniques.


Made some veggie fried rice the other day from "1000 Vegan Recipes" by Robin Robertson and it is delicious!
I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas! Happy knitting.




No comments: