Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"Purty" isn't it? This is the yarn that I won from romancing the yarn blog. I call it ''Thunderbarb" in honor of Barbra Bretton who sent it to me. The colors are not true but close. Just a plain sock pattern from the Yarn Harlot but knits up so beautifully.
It is COLD here. Right now it is 7* (but 0* with the wind chill) and going down to 4* overnight. BRRRRR!! The tea pot has been going all day and haven't gone out since New Year's Eve when we had Twin Dragon Chinese buffet. Oh yum...I love the mongolian grill with lots of veggies. Did have to shovel the driveway as we had about 2 1/2" of snow. But other than that we didn't step out. I did order some sock yarn from Herrshner's when the catalog came 'cause it was CHEAP. And I love knitting socks. I got 4 more skeins of the Red Heart Strata for A. since she really likes the nice,thick socks. And a skein of Sockotta, which I have never seen but looks really cool.
Right now I am making another pair of socks for A. out of the Red Heart. I am doing the first pattern that I've ever done on socks. I found it in the Knitting calender that I got for Christmas last year. It's called Bit of Lace magic sock and is very fun to work on. I just turned the heel on the first one and am going to try and finish it tonight. I am tired of watching movies but just too cold to do anything else. I am going to try and go to the library tomorrow and maybe pick up a couple of books on cd and maybe some documentaries...or something.
Stay warm and I'm off to knit.

No comments: