Saturday, October 11, 2008

These are some pictures from the park. The leaves aren't very impressive this year. It's been so dry and then the hurricane winds that blew through took down alot of leaves. Still, you get that nice fall smell...especially since we did have a little rain last week.


Okay, the socks for mom are finished! I finished them today and cast-on another pair so she will have a plethora of new ones to choose from. The yarn is the Berrocco Comfort Sock and it's very soft but knits up v-e-r-y loose. I started these on size 2's for the K2,P2 ribbing then switched to 3's. That seemed to do the trick. We went to the park for a couple of days...before it started getting warm. Been in the 80*s the past few days and I'm tired of it. Time for nice, cool days turning into chilly nights. Where,oh where are they??



I'm going to try and finish these socks fast also so I can work on the sock monkey hat. I borrowed a circular needle from Sheri on Monday night and went to JoAnn's today and bought one for myself. I can't believe that I didn't have a size 10 16" circular. I have interchangable needles and cables but no 16". What's that all about?
Been watching season 3 and 4 of Gilmore Girls while knitting. Good show to knit while watching because there isn't alot of fast-paced action so I can keep one eye on the screen. Much easier for complicated knitting.

2 comments:

IrascibleHousewife said...

That's a good idea... I should go to the park and knit. Maybe I can tie my son to a tree, lol!!

Lynda said...

The park looks nice. Happy knitting ;0)