Friday, October 31, 2008

I think he likes to have his picture taken. Came right up when I called him and posed for the camera.
This is Ted. He lives down the road at a farm that has a feed store where we buy bird seed. He has a friend named Barney but he must have been out in the back field. They're Percherons and are HUGE! But so sweet. He just had his back teeth filed down yesterday and let me rub his nose and side of face but didn't really want alot of touching. Can't say as I blame him.

Started out being such a good day and just ....yuck. But here's some of the good parts.




Yesterday we drove up to Waynesville in the vain hope that there would be some pretty leaves to see. Ha! Not so much. Between the lack of rain and the hurricane that blew through it was not the best leaf-viewing trip. I did see some horses grazing in a field and sitting right by them was a fox. I couldn't believe it. I double checked and sure enough he was playing in the field. On the way back I looked again. I was sure he wouldn't be there but there he was. Just sitting by one of the horses. Maybe he was one of the horses' pet.
The meal was good. We ate at Der Dutchman. Mom had the hot buffet (lots of meat)and I had the salad bar. Their salad bar is really good and cold which I like. And they have the best bread that comes to the table all soft and hot. Mmmmm. I always take some soy margarine with me when I know we are going up there just so I can have some bread and "butter". Yum.
Got some knitting done on my "car" sock that I have been working on for awhile. It's just the plain sock pattern from the Yarn Harlot. That way I don't have to do anything but knit and not pay attention to it.
I also just finished a fingerless mitten/wristwarmer from a pattern I found on Ravelry. It's called Evangeline and is so pretty and easy. Everyone should make them.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ted and Barney -- sounds like a sitcom!

IrascibleHousewife said...

Ooooh, an honest-to-goodness fox! I am so jealous!!