Friday, November 02, 2007

Well, A. felted my burgandy/orange bag for me the other day and I am not as happy with it as the others we have done. I used the Yarn Source Sol and it didn't felt up great. The I-cord bind-off around the edges seems to have bunched up some and the purse is not as big as the others. The colors are good together but didn't seem to felt up without pulling up. Even the pockets didn't felt like a straight line but rather curved. All in all I'd have to say that I am a little disappointed but I'm sure it will still be a nice bag. If I'm unhappy with it as a purse I can always use it as a knitting bag. Which may not be such a bad thing.
Haven't been doing much stamping lately since I've been on a knitting kick but I have made some stitch marker/odds and ends tins out of empty mint tins. They hold stitch markers, pins, various little sundry items and then I have some of my favorite papers on them and will always have them. I am also making a DPN holder from an old cigar box that is going to be pretty cool...at least to me.
Almost finished with the right front of the "beast" and going to cast on for the left. I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough yarn but I think I will have plenty (heaving a huge sigh of relief).

No comments: